Second annual CIBC MINDSTRONG fitness event raises $730,000 net in support of mental health services at the JGH
The Jewish General Hospital Foundation, the Jewish General Hospital Auxiliary, and Midtown Sanctuaire held their 2nd Annual CIBC MINDSTRONG event on Sunday, May 15, at the Midtown Sanctuaire. This unique fitness and fundraising event was MC'ed by Honourary Co-Presidents Tony Marinaro, TSN690 Montreal Sports Radio Host, and Malik Shaheed, TV Host, Marketer and Social Advocate. CIBC MINDSTRONG 2016 attracted over 200 men and women – aged from 14 to well into their sixties.
Participants had the opportunity to engage at their own pace in energizing exercise sessions, including yoga, zumba, boot camp, pilates, spinning, high intensity interval training and tennis, all for a great cause: Ensuring the provision of vital mental health services to those in need in our community. Many celebrities acting as MINDSTRONG Ambassadors were also on hand during the day to encourage participants and promote the event and its cause, including:
- Boxer Louisbert Altidor (middleweight record 4-0 as a pro)
- Lee Haberkorn from Virgin Radio
- Singers Isaac, Lukay, Florence K and Young Soul
- DJ Abeille
In all, CIBC MINDSTRONG raised a fabulous $730,000 net out of gross proceeds of $760,000, and donations are still coming in. The event's silent auction alone, which featured incredible items donated by generous corporations and individuals, brought in well over $40,000. With a fundraising cost ratio of less than 4%, MINDSTRONG was one of the most cost efficient fundraising events to be held in Montreal this year. "A feat we are extremely proud of," says Larry Sidel, Vice-President and COO of the JGH Foundation and chief organizer of CIBC MINDSTRONG, "and for which we thank the many generous and committed individuals and corporate citizens who made it all possible:"
- General Manager Diane Saucier and Engagement Director Charly Vivès and their incredible team at Midtown Sanctuaire for hosting the event;
- Nancy Rubin, Executive Director of the JGH Auxiliary;
- Co-chairs Jodi Mintz Ginsberg and Stacey Herman Serero as well as the entire CIBC MINDSTRONG Committee for their tireless efforts and devotion;
- Title Sponsor CIBC
- Champion Sponsors Bell and the Yanofsky Family
- Major Sponsor Joie Shop
- Triumph Sponsors Dorel, Susan Raymer and Ben Wygodny
- Star Sponsors Pipe & Piling Supplies Ltd. and Regal Confections and all of our partners for their generosity and support.
For more information on CIBC MINDSTRONG and the cause it supports, or to make a donation in support of mental health services at the JGH, please visitjghmindstrong.org or contact us at 514-340-8222, ext. 3986.